Systems Support Engineer
RJ2 Technologies - Schaumburg, IL 60173
The primary focus of the Systems Support Engineer position is to provide technical knowledge and support regarding network operations issues. You will perform numerous activities including, coordinating and maintaining customer’s computer hardware and network maintenance needs. as well as assisting junior help desk personnel and designing customer implementations.
Responsibilities to include:
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware
- Respond to tickets, email messages, and phone calls for customers seeking help
- Maintain daily performance of computer systems
- Respond to email messages for customers seeking help
- Ask questions to determine nature of problem
- Walk customer through problem-solving process
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software
- Clean up computers
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems
- Install computer peripherals for users
- Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved
- Gain feedback from customers about computer usage
- Run reports to determine malfunctions that continue to occur
- Create and update documentation
- Associates Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience required.
- Maintain an adequate level of knowledge of operating system and application software being used to provide high-level support to users.
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills
- Be passionate about IT, energetic, a people's person, focus driven, and eager to explore and learn new technologies
- Technology Industry Certifications - Comptia A+, Network +, Security+, Microsoft MCSA, Cisco CCNA not required, but good to possess
- Car/Vehicle and Valid Drivers License
- 2 Years IT Experience
- Authorization to work in the U.S.